Ohio Homestead Community
Rural Area, Ohio, United States
- Last updated: June 8, 2015 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: April 28, 2015
Our mission is to form a healthy community in which members respect individual preferences while reinforcing group values of nonviolence, equality, and cooperation. A community committed to the well-being of all members, to live, work, play, and grow together harmoniously.
Ohio Homestead Community is forming to offer a more simple life in a self-sustaining, family oriented community in which we can care for our children, learn, work, and grow together. We welcome everyone with similar values and a strong commitment to the community regardless of age, sex, nationality, religion, sexual preference/identity, etc.
We do not currently own land or have infrastructure. We are searching for the right property to buy and hope to have others join us in the decision making process.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2015
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://ohiohomesteadcommunity.com
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ohiohomesteadcommunity
- Contact Name: Mathew and Amanda
Rural Area, Ohio,
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Decision Making: Sociocracy
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $400.00
- Shared Income: Members have completely independent finances
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 35
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Each member will share in the profits and expenses of the community. Members may work outside of the community, work fully within the community, or a combination of both. Profits from the community will be divided between the members after the community expenses are paid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Determined by Individuals or Households.
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind, Hydro-Electric
- Planned renewable energy generation: Determined by Individuals or Households.
- Current food produced: Determined by Individuals or Households.
- Planned food produced: Almost All, up to 90%
- Food produced locally: Determined by Individuals or Households.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Not at all important – people may eat however they individually choose.
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
The community plans to provide food for its members, however, there are no diet restrictions.
While we would prefer that you didn’t smoke (for your own health), you may drink and smoke in your own home or away from anyone that may be bothered by it.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Not a particularly spiritual or religious Community
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Up to each individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
Ohio, Homestead, Family, Forming, Aquaponics, Permaculture, Farming