Shawnigan Lake, Canada
- Last updated: March 8, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: December 31, 1999
sustainable learning community
O.U.R. ECOVILLAGE hosts the onsite ecological education school called TOPIA, The Sustainable Learning Community Institute (check the website for ongoing summer residential programs and short workshops). We offer training in green/natural building, Permaculture design certification, sustainable food production, eco-psychology, and council- and community-building. We host a wide variety of events and conferences with like-minded groups. All this on a beautiful, community-owned, (non-certified) organic, farm-based setting. We are intercultural, interfaith, and intergenerational.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 1990
- Start Living Together: 1990
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.ourecovillage.org/
- Contact Name: O.U.R. ECOVILLAGE
- Phone: 250-743-3067
- Mailing Address:
Shawnigan Lake, V0R 2W0
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Also have a board of directors for OUR Non-Profit
Development Team and Board of Directors
decisions and planning is also participatory.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Mostly Vegetarian
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
During the programs season, our cooking staff will do their best to support individual choices, but your understanding is appreciated as the logistics can be challenging with big groups.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (includes “all religions”)