Lafayette (near Boulder), Colorado, United States
- Last updated: February 27, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: January 24, 2005
Our Vision: Nyland builds and celebrates conscious community. We honor connectedness, sustainability, integrity, participation, creativity, and the sacred. We empower individuals to manifest their dreams to benefit themselves, Nyland and the greater community, with respect for our agreements and differences.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1987
- Start Living Together: 1992
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.nylandcohousing.org/
- Community Address:
3525 Nyland Way
Lafayette (near Boulder), Colorado, 80026-8946
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Suburban
- Decision Making: Consensus oriented process with a super-majority vote
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 2
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Large Scale Kitchen, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Gym or sports area
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Community meals usually on Mondays
One may have a personal plot in our community garden
Tobacco prohibited in Common House
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Not a particularly spiritual or religious community
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private School off the property, Public Schooling
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations