Berlin, Massachusetts, United States
- Last updated: January 21, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: December 31, 1999
Mosaic Commons includes 34 townhouses and flats, ranging from 1 to 4 bedrooms in size.
Our guiding principles include a commitment to creating a supportive, diverse community; affordability; and environmental consciousness. Our homes are superinsulated, meet many LEED standards, and are built with as many low-toxicity sustainable materials as possible.
We’re committed to open, green space. Almost 30 acres of our land is preserved as conservation land. Clustered duplex and triplex buildings leave most of our remaining 35 acres as open space.
Our community includes ages ranging from 1 to 73; people of many spiritual and ethnic backgrounds; gay, straight and bisexual members; singles, couples and families.
Our Vision & Values
* A Vibrant, Dynamic and Sharing Community
* A Green, Lasting Community
* A Diverse and Inclusive Community
* A Community of Many Voices
* A Supportive and Healthy Community
Berlin is a small mostly rural town of about 2600 residents, conveniently located between Worcester and Boston.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2000
- Start Living Together: 2009
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.mosaic-commons.org/
- Contact Name: Mosaic Commons
- Phone: 978-415-9666
- Community Address:
22 Village Ln
Berlin, Massachusetts, 01503
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Suburban
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
participation at meetings and on teams
homeowner assoc. fees
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
large organic community garden, small herb garden, several individual gardens
we try to offer many options to those with various eating restrictions
nearly all common meals offer a vegetarian option
smoking prohibited in community buildings
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private School off the property, Public Schooling
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
Sawyer Hill EcoVillage, Camelot Cohousing
green, super-insulated, super-insulation, superinsulation, central massachusetts, affordable