Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Last updated: May 20, 2017 (1 week ago)
- Listing created on: November 17, 2015
Our mission is to build a node of an alternative world beyond the borders of command pyramids and the law of the jungle, and also beyond the omnipresence of commodification and the alienation of labor, a world where “everyone shares everything” through communal ownership and savings, and “everyone receives according to their need”.
Read more in «The Communard Manifesto»: https://lasindias.blog/the-communard-manifesto
«las Indias» is a transnational egalitarian and productive community. We live according to the «hacker ethics» of work: we enjoy learning, we love discussion and we don’t limit ourselves to any specialization. We make our living creating free and open technologies, distributed networks and knowledge based products of all kind: consuming goods, innovation consultancy, information analysis, education, books…
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1998
- Start Living Together: 2002
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: https://lasindias.blog
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://lasindias.coop
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/lasindias.blog
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/lasindias
- Other social: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZtfJJ7w7nrzcKZMdfqH2bQ
- Contact Name: las Indias
- Phone: +34911805108
- Community Address:
Pedro Rico 15
Madrid, Madrid, 28029
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything)
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, Organization, Resource, or Network
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Additional Comments:
We base our government in consensus and personal autonomy, promoting conversation and general discussion using blogs (lasindias.com), electronic conversational spaces with friends and social environment (lamatriz.org) and everyday collective and interpersonal talking. You can read the chapters dedicated to this subject in the «Book of Community» https://payhip.com/b/Bz4o
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: All or close to all
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 37
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Additional Comments:
We have two worker’s cooperatives (you can see their customers and trajectory in lasindias.coop) and as part of the personal empowerment new members learn how to create them and in fact they do.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Energy sources: Clean Energy from the Grid
- Planned renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Food produced locally: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Swimming pond or pool, Large Scale Kitchen, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, exceptionally.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Local (food sourced within 150 miles)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Yes – we all share a common diet.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used often.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used often.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Atheist, Agnostic
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
Vaccination. Medical insurance provided by community.
- Healthcare Options: Community Plan
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Grupo de Cooperativas de las Indias
kibbutz, transnationalism, cooperatives, technology, free software, game of go, ecommerce, esperanto