- Last updated: February 29, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: September 16, 2011
Model for sustainable living
The property is currently owned by one of the members. We aim to establish a collective ownership.
Our goal is to be a model for sustainable, low impact living. We intend to practice, learn and teach permaculture as well as sustainable forestry.
Plans and pictures linked at:
Inquiries are welcome. You can also check our open discussion board at http://groups.google.com/group/lanarkecovillage/topics?hl=en
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2010
- Start Living Together: 2011
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://ecolanark.wordpress.com/
- Other social: http://www.superaje.com/~sustain5/Eco-Village_links.html
- Contact Name: Lanark Eco-Village
- Community Address:
2799 McDonalds Corners Rd.
Lanark, K0G 1K0
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Based on those consistently active.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Details yet to be decided–probably partial income sharing in future
Details not worked out yet.
$60 per year to be a member of our association. To become a resident member, one is expected to buy a full share. This can be done on a monthly basis, non-refundable for the first 3 years. These details may change.
Depends on the level of membership
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Mostly Vegetarian
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
This should change as we progress
Those living on site grow a good part of their own food.
We are working on decisions about dietary choices. Some members are vegan.
Not decided yet. Alcohol is not likely to be prohibited but inebriation will be discouraged.
Not decided yet. Smoking will probably be prohibited or restricted to certain areas.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Paganism/Earth Religions
Sustainability Project, Life Money and Illusion, 7th Generation Initiative