Lanesville, Indiana, United States
- Last updated: February 28, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: December 31, 1999
Community Ecology Preservation
We have 16.5 acres, 50 percent wooded, 18 miles from downtown Louisville, Kentucky. Private building sites are available that are wooded on three sides. Our purpose is to develop a sustainable, ecological, and social community that preserves habitat and fosters democratic principles of participation, respect, and responsibility. We envision clustered housing with partially wooded green space.
- Status: Re-forming
- Started Planning: 1996
- Start Living Together: 2020
- Visitors accepted: Yes, rarely
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Contact Name: Craig Butler
- Phone: 502-364-9864
This Community is Re-forming
Organizational plan and LLC to buy home lot from.
Lot individually owned
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: no active programs
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $25
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: No
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
monthly fee of $25 – though currently not required; higher fee potentially after construction of home. Currently no active membership meetings until such time as a group reforms.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: From 50-75%
- Food produced locally: From 50-75%
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: No, it is slow.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for some people.
- Shared meals: Rarely
- Dietary Practice: Mostly Vegetarian
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Not a particularly spiritual or religious community
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Public Schooling
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
ecology, preservation, sustainability, cooperation