Chimirol de Rivas, San Jose, Costa Rica
- Last updated: June 28, 2015 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: January 25, 2010
Sustainable Living/ Biodynamic agriculture/ Self-sufficiency
At this point, rather than to take in new members, the developed part of the property is for sale.
A turnkey investment. Current owner would act as advisor for a limited period if buyers so desire.
About 3.1 acres is available to purchase. See ad here: http://tinyurl.com/psstc8s
Be guided by your heart rather than mind…
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2007
- Start Living Together: 2008
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://heavenandearthsanctuary.com
- Contact Name: Tomas
Chimirol de Rivas, San Jose,
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Spiritual or Religious Community or Organization
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: Members have completely independent finances
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: No
- Additional Comments:
Members are expected to contribute money for power, water, and upkeep of structures used.
- Current renewable energy generation: Almost All~ up to 90%
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind, Biogas
- Planned renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Between 25-50%
- Food produced locally: 100%
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 100 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Mostly Vegetarian
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Not at all important – people may eat however they individually choose.
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Few are vegetarians, most are omnivores.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Buddhist, Mixed Eastern Philosophy or Practice, Other
- Healthcare Options: Up to each individual
Ecovillage, Biodynamic, Permaculture, Holistic Health