Gaia University/Gaia U Latina
Boulder, Colorado, United States
- Last updated: February 15, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: March 10, 2005
Using self-directed action learning blended methodology we support now and future permaculture, ecovillage and social permaculture designers and practitioners to become more strategic and effective in their work. We are based on the permaculture ethics which permeates and defines our University level programs. We reach out world-wide to enable people all over the planet to connect with our Gaia University community.
Do projects in your local communities and work online creating a powerful portfolio for your future career in the work you love.
Our graduates are earning their livings in Permaculture and Ecovillage Design, Social Permaculture, and Transition leadership.
We are in our 10th year! Bachelors, Masters and Post Masters Graduate Diplomas in Ecosocial Regeneration and Permaculture Design.
Self-directed, action-learning programs designed to support you in recuperating your natural intelligence. Check us out! www.gaiauniversity.org.
Gaia U Latina offers programs in Spanish.
We will also continue to offer access to accredited Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees as well as post graduate diplomas and now the Orientation can be taken online avoiding added expense for travel and room and board.
These online programs enable people anywhere in the world to access Gaia U’s self-directed, project-based transformative action learning programs.
We have various payment plans for our low fees and you can pay quarterly or monthly as well as take Pause months as needed.
Students do their project work anywhere in the world they choose and are supported by a team of Gaia U. advisors and mentors in documenting their learning.
Incorporated in 2004 and operational since 2006, as of early 2014 Gaia University has graduated 78 Master’s and Bachelors candidates in the US and Germany.
Based on a chaordic organizational design, Gaia U is a global action-learning network and community with allied associations in ecovillages, permaculture centers, holistic health centers and institutes world-wide.
Focused on the development of world-changers who are committed to Earth care, people care, and equitable distribution of resources, Gaia University is modeled on a 12-year pilot project in the UK.
We offer potential specializations in any area of sustainability, regeneration, and world change, e.g., Permaculture, Ecovillage Design, Transition Towns, Life Transitions, Natural Building, Relocalization, Peace Studies, Ecocities, Appropriate Technology, Traditional Wisdom, Eco- Health, Sustainable Economics, Midwifery, Bioregionalism, Natural Building, Social Communication, Art for Social Change, Community Leadership, Designing for Disaster, Energy Descent, Beyond Consensus, Spiral Dynamics, Peak Oil, and Financial Permaculture, as well as self-designed programs based on student interests and the strategic needs of our partner networks.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2004
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.gaiauniversity.org
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://www.gaiauniversity%20and%20gaiaulatina.%20org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gaiauniversity/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
- Contact Name: Tommy Lehe, Registry; Ava Klinger, Registered Agent
- Phone: +1 888 316 2092
- Community Address:
Gaia University International
PO Box 3102
Boulder, Colorado, 80307
- Type(s): Unspecified, or Other
- Programs & Activities: Transition Town (post-petroleum and off-grid communities), School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, Organization, Resource, or Network
- Location: Mobile
- Decision Making: Sociocracy
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Gaia U is being developed primarily by its Core Team whose members often live in ecovillages or permaculture projects world-wide
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: No
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
see website for student fees www.gaiauniversity.org and gaiaulatina.org
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices)
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Federation of Egalitarian Communities (FEC), Global Ecovillage Network (GEN), Coho/US, Ecovillage Network of the Americas, Madison Community Cooperatives, Michigan State University Student Housing Corporation, Northwest Intentional Communities Association, Camphill Association of North America (CANA), Catholic Worker, Hutterian Brethren, Twelve Tribes, Utopian EcoVillage Network Federation, Global Ecovillage Network – North America (GENNA), Transition Towns
Global Ecovillage Network, Transition Towns, El Manzano, Chile, Huehuecoyotl Ecovillage, Mexico and many others
permaculture, university, integral, transition towns, ecovillage, design, unconventional