Fiopa Community/Fiopa Consensus Collective
Mahalia, California, United States
- Last updated: February 13, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: October 23, 2013
consensus, communication, non-violence
We plan to establish a consensus institute that will be an Intentional Community for both educators and students of Value-Based Consensus and consensus (cooperative) culture generally.
We’re currently located in a log cabin on some land near Chico, California.
Our collective is income-sharing and vegetarian. We’re currently 2 adults, 3 dogs, a cat and several brush goats.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2013
- Start Living Together: 2010
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Contact Name: Wren Tuatha
- Phone: 410-458-2310
- Community Address:
13616 Nimshew Road
Mahalia, California, 95954
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything)
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Additional Comments:
Value-Based Consensus, from On Conflict and Consensus, by C.T. Lawrence Butler
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: All or close to all
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 15
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: Between 26-49%
- Food produced locally: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: No, it is slow.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all dinners
- Dietary Practice: Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
vegan, ovo-lacto vegetarian
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private School off the property, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Federation of Egalitarian Communities (FEC)
consensus, process, vegetarian, vegan, egalitarian, feminist,