Emerald Grove Intentional Community
Eugene, Oregon, United States
- Last updated: August 17, 2015 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: November 27, 2011
Healing and wellness
Our main external focus is on services of healing and wellness to the outside community and the planet, with special focus on spiritual/energetic work but offering all modalities for which our current or future members may be qualified: healing, counseling, workshops, seminars, retreats, acupuncture, allopathic, etc. Those with relevant skills are therefore especially welcome, but don’t hold back if you are not trained in an eneregy healing modality, because you can be. Others also welcome. Not all members need to be healers, since there is the usual IC work to be done: gardening, construction and maintenance, shared childcare, administration, etc.
We promote our own emotional and spiritual well-being and personal growth through mutual respect, empathy, and compassion; mutual support and help in life’s difficulties and puzzles; and just enjoying life and each other’s company.
We currently support ourselves with Reiki Tummo healing, other energetic healing, life coaching, writing, and other home office work. When we acquire land, we want to provide for our own physical survival comfortably and sustainably.
Sustainable self-sufficiency: growing most food; partial off-grid power with potential for 100% off-grid if necessary. Chickens, maybe sheep, goats, llamas, etc. Barter, trade, and buy other items.
We anticipate separate living quarters on shared land plus a community building and shared outbuildings. You could also live off the premises.
We share labor and cash costs; your other money stays yours, as does your free time. Outside jobs, home offices, and cottage industries welcome.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2012
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.emeraldgroveic.org
- Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/EmeraldGroveIC
- Contact Name: Margot Rawlinson
- Phone: 3107044870
PO Box 895
Eugene, Oregon, 97440
- Type(s): Other
- Decision Making: Other
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Re item VI below: decision-making by majority vote up to partial or complete consensus depending on importance of question.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 999
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Costs shared; details TBD
Your cash or debt stays yours.
- Current renewable energy generation: Determined by Individuals or Households.
- Energy sources: Connected to the Grid, Solar, Wind, Hydro-Electric
- Planned renewable energy generation: Determined by Individuals or Households.
- Planned food produced: From 50-75%
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Not at all important – people may eat however they individually choose.
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Up to individual.
Excess alcomohol not welcome. No smoking In or near common areas.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices)
- Education Style(s): Up to each individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)