Port Maitland, Canada
- Last updated: February 28, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: March 10, 2006
Eliopoli is aimed to create wellness and prosperity to its stakeholders, and represents a cutting edge experiment for a new holistic lifestyle.
- Status: Re-forming
- Started Planning: 1997
- Start Living Together: 2000
- Visitors accepted: Yes, rarely
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.eliopoli.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EliopoliEcovillage/
- Community Address:
Porter Corning Road 247
This Community is Re-formingYear re-formed: 2012-05-01
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 10
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Members with debt can join if they can guarantee the payment of the debt
if you want to build an home you need to enter the society that own the land a part of the income is shared to cover the expenses
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: From 50-75%
- Planned food produced: 100%
- Food produced locally: Between 26-49%
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Greenhouse(s)
- Internet Available: No
- Internet Fast?: No, it is slow.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: No
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used often.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Education Style(s): Public Schooling
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
Global Ecovillage Network (GEN)
heliopolis, eliopoli, Nova Scotia, Canada, ecovillage