Echo Hills Cottages
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
- Last updated: December 15, 2016 (5 months ago)
- Listing created on: April 21, 2013
Our intentional neighborhood is located in Asheville, NC on 3.25 acres of park like setting with rolling hills and fifty year old trees. There are eleven home sites with two completed and occupied. Two homes are under construction with one of these to be completed and occupied in January 2017, and the second early summer of 2017. Design is completed on the fifth with groundbreaking December 2016. We will have a total of twelve houses, including one existing house with community space. Homes range from 800-1500 sq. ft. with plans that offer room for your own creative design. Our primary vision includes conscious relationships, awareness practice, compassionate communication and Sociocratic decision making. We have a small community garden with plans for new growth as the community grows. We place a strong emphasis on sustainability and encourage urban ecovillage practices. Email for more information.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2011
- Start Living Together: 2012
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.habitatreimagined.com
- Contact Name: Laurie Czecholinski
- Phone: 828-778-0461
- Community Address:
12 Wellspring Lane
Asheville, North Carolina, 28806
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: Sociocracy
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Consent process of Sociocracy.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: No
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Between 26-49%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Outbuilding(s), Fire pit
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Open to what works for all, and to spontaneity.
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Western North Carolina Green Building Council
Echo Hills Cottages, intentional pocket neighborhood