Petersham, Massachusetts, United States
- Last updated: February 23, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: December 31, 1999
We are a small community that lives onsite, exploring various elements of sustainable culture such as permaculture gardening, wild-crafting, alternative energy, community building, emotional healing, spiritual practice, and connection to the land.
Check out our website for our calendar of events and ways to get involved.
Earthlands offers seasonal internship opportunities, from April to October—check out our website for details.
Earthlands is also home to University of the Wild, whose mission is to provide earth-based education programs that empower young adults to become leaders in growing sustainable cultures.
Check out www.universityofthewild.org for details on our current programs.
- Status: Re-forming
- Started Planning: 1992
- Start Living Together: 1993
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.earthlands.org/
- Contact Name: Earthlands
- Phone: 978-724-3428
- Community Address:
39 Glasheen Rd
Petersham, Massachusetts, 1366
This Community is Re-forming
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: No
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Additional Diet Comments:
We grow all our vegetables in season.