Earth Rising Sanctuary
Kettle Falls, Washington, United States
- Last updated: May 5, 2017 (3 weeks ago)
- Listing created on: March 23, 2009
Healing Gatherings and Seminars, Lightwork, Community living and gardening.
Earth Rising Sanctuary gatherings are for people who desire to share/learn techniques in the self healing arts for the individual and the earth, including traditional healing techniques, metaphysical, and green ways of living on the earth. ERS gatherings are for people who desire to share/learn techniques in the self healing arts for the individual and the earth, including traditional healing techniques, metaphysical, and green ways of living on the earth. They are also for family to come together in prayer, heart-song, Spirit music, dance and play. The sanctuary is also a place for up to 16 people (including children) to live and grow in their spiritual path, sharing healing, music, other artistic expressions, gardening, and other green ways of living. We are looking for people who desire to walk with a light footprint on this planet using as little fossil fuels as possible and utilizing the power of the sun and other alternative energy. The sanctuary is looking for light-workers to live at the sanctuary to manifest an abundance of love and light into this planet. We are looking for people who understand community, and working and playing together, for a combined enrichment of our lives in our own rhythm and time. One of our projects is growing organic non-gmo foods. The sanctuary encourages a vegan, vegetarian, or mostly vegetarian with occasional ethically raised or wild fish, foul, or meat lifestyle. The sanctuary encourages a respect, reverence, and communication with all life. All spiritual views and cultures are welcome on our land, as long as you respect others ways, and don’t push your beliefs onto others. Spiritual speakers, artists, musicians, dancers, gardeners, handymen (especially if into alternative energy), and children are welcome. Especially welcome are happy vibes helping to bring light down into the planet. Earth Rising Sanctuary holds three Healing Gathering’s per year; Midwinter circle and celebration, March Vision Council and Seed Exchange; Summer Music Jam Party; Thanks Giving Prayer Circle; Winter Solstice Prayer/Vision Circle; New Years Eve Party; and weekly Music Jams. For all gatherings- community kitchen open to potluck offering and sharing. Contact for any details for upcoming gatherings, and if you would like to arrange your own group or private retreat/seminar/gathering. ERS formed in 2007, the first healing gathering-seminars were in 2008. In 2012 ERS became a non-profit in the State of Washington, and in December 2013 the land was signed over to ERS.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2006
- Start Living Together: 2007
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/goldenfeather.lightdancer
- Contact Name: Feather
- Phone: 509-732-4301
- Community Address:
3470 C Moore Rd
Kettle Falls, Washington, 99141
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Spiritual or Religious Community
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Organization, Resource, or Network, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Open to listening to all voices present.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Additional Comments:
Everyone has separate finances other than the monthly expenses. Strongly encourage community minded people.
Everyone is expected to help 1 hour/day towards manifesting our community abundance. ( 2-3 if part of the gardens)
$50-$275 share of expenses.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Energy sources: Solar, wood
- Planned renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Current food produced: From 50-75%
- Planned food produced: From 50-75%
- Food produced locally: From 50-75%
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Library, Outbuilding(s), Outdoor Kitchen, Fire pit, Waterfront access, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: No, it is slow.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all dinners
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Mostly Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan, Raw or Mostly Raw, Kosher, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Healthy, organic, non-gmo, mostly vegetarian or vegan, natural medicines and healing methods, and local strongly encouraged.
Community potlucks as community flows.
Recognize the different body type needs.
Alcohol not allowed at healing gatherings, circles, or seminars.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs)
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
Alternative Natural practices
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Northwest Intentional Communities Association
One Earth Sanctuary
Healing Gatherings, Seminars, Community, Organic Gardens, Off Grid, Circles, Music Jams, Potlucks.