Dream River Ranch, LLC
Oasis, Idaho, United States
- Last updated: January 15, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: September 8, 2007
To create a sustainable environment for multi-generational individuals and families who desire to live in harmony with nature. Where diversity, acceptance of others* and dedication to good earth stewardship is priority**.
*Conflict resolution through consensus is key to fostering leadership skills in all individuals.
**Continuing education in ways to practice sustainable living brings the past to the present and nurtures a life of fulfillment for the future.
We are more than just horse lovers. We are lovers of nature first and seek others who appreciate making a social change through working cooperatively for the creation of quality and quantity in living.
Our Interconnected Circles of Creativity are: Founder’s Circle, Go-Green Building Circle, People Care Circle, Land Care Circle, and Fair Share Circle. What level of involvement is for you?
Get involved with the Dream River Ranch and share our 80-acres through apprenticeships in agriculture, equine therapy, Go-green building technologies and sustainability living practices.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2007
- Start Living Together: 2007
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://dreamriverranch.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DreamRiverRanch/?fref=ts
- Contact Name: Willa Rose
- Phone: 208-602-3265
- Community Address:
8894 W Martha Ave
Oasis, Idaho, 83647
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events, Therapeutic activities using horses
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Interconnected Circle of Creativity presently are being guided by Joseph Morisette or Willa Rose.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 8
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: From 50-75%
- Food produced locally: From 50-75%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Swimming pond or pool, Outdoor Kitchen, Large Scale Kitchen, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Fire pit, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, exceptionally.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Garden plot (70×140) is actively being worked this year with expectations of sufficient food storage..
We accommodate those with food allergies.
We have grown beef, chicken, turkey and goat meats and intent to add more.
We like wine and/or beer with dinner.
Some of us have asthma–and cigarettes are a danger around hay.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Not a particularly spiritual or religious community
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
Agriculture, permaculture, equine therapy, sustainability, hemp houses, homesteading, village