Last updated: February 14, 2016 (3 months ago)
Listing created on: August 16, 2010
(Dallas, Texas, United States)
- Status: Re-forming
- Started Planning: 2010
- Start Living Together: 2018
- Visitors accepted: Yes, rarely
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community.
- Website address: http://dallascohousing.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DallasCohousing/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/dallascohousing
- Other social: http://www.meetup.com/Dallas-Cohousing/
- Contact Name: Angela Alston
- Phone: 972-669-8798
- Mailing Address:
P. O. Box 797503
Dallas, Texas, 75379
This Community is Re-forming
Year re-formed: 2016
We came close to purchasing a property in 2012, but the group fell apart as our individual priorities became clear. We then began to re-form, energized by an article about Dallas Cohousing in the local paper.
To create a welcoming community based on cooperation and fun.
We’re growing a community of like-minded folks who’d like to live cooperatively in urban Dallas, close to DART rail.
Our goals: to be priced at market level or less, sustainable, and diverse.
Our models for living together include cohousing–homes for individual households, plenty of shared space & meals, decisions by consensus–and the ecovillage concepts of living in a socially, economically and ecologically sustainable manner.
We’re interested in possibly sharing:
• work space (for those of us working from home)
• a garden to grow some of our own food
• child care
• space for yoga, other kinds of movement
• home schooling
• a food buying club
• community-supported agriculture (CSA membership)
Our vision of retrofitting includes affordable energy efficiency and sustainability. E.g., solar-assisted hot water, rainwater reclamation, foam insulation under the roof.