Last updated: August 21, 2013 (2 years ago)
Listing created on: August 16, 2010
(Dallas, Texas, United States)
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2010
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community.
- Website address: http://dallascohousing.org
- Contact Name: Angela Alston
- Phone: 972-669-8798
P. O. Box 797503
Dallas, Texas, 75215
Urban Dallas cohousing
Our goals: to be affordable, sustainable, and diverse.
Our models for living together include cohousing–homes for individual households, plenty of shared space & meals, decisions by consensus–and the ecovillage concepts of living in a socially, economically and ecologically sustainable manner.
We’re interested in possibly sharing:
• work space (for those of us working from home)
• a garden to grow some of our own food
• child care
• space for yoga, other kinds of movement
• home schooling
• a food buying club
• community-supported agriculture (CSA membership)
Our vision of retrofitting includes affordable energy efficiency and sustainability. E.g., solar-assisted hot water, rainwater reclamation, foam insulation under the roof.