Last updated: February 1, 2016 (6 days ago)
Listing created on: March 15, 2011
(Adelaide, South Australia, Australia)
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1991
- Start Living Together: 2001
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Not currently, but there is a list or possibly in the future
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community.
- Website address: http://www.urbanecology.org.au
- Contact Name: Jane Thomas
- Phone: +61 8 82126760
- Community Address:
105 Sturt St
Adelaide, South Australia, 5000
Ecological Cities. The eco-village associated with UEA is known as Christie Walk
An eco-city is a city in balance with nature. We can make eco-cities here and now by incorporating energy and water conservation features in buildings, industry and transport, and by cultivating natural ecosystems and human communities in urban public spaces.
Christie Walk is a medium density housing development located in downtown Adelaide which combines many ecologically sustainable and community enhancing features. It was initiated by UEA and serves as a demonstration site to show how cities could be built.