Northern Kentucky, Kentucky, United States
- Last updated: November 4, 2015 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: September 16, 2007
Catholic Community, Ecology, Mission Work
First and foremost, is to give glory to God, through daily prayer and continual studies of the scripture. Our hope is to do this individually as well as a community. We believe prayer and studies will draw us closer as a community.
Second, that we as a community spread our message of love. It is important that everyone make an effort to do community work inside an outside the immediate village. Our vision is to place Catholic Ecovillage within an area of people less fortunate. An idea that comes to mind is in a rural area of Eastern Kentucky other Appalachian region. Eastern Kentucky or Southern parts of Ohio are areas of interest. Mission work could range from a number of ideas. We envision becoming a support for other programs within these areas. General Education(tutoring programs), Home Rehab, and Ecological or Conservation Awareness are several ideas that come to mind. The beauty is that mission work can be anything. Many wonderful ideas of assisting others have been brought forth. Really anything that spreads the love of Christ through action is a possibility.
Catholic Ecovillage’s third idea and initial goal is to create a community. Our eventual hope is to create a village that is environmentally and conservation-minded. We hope to create a sustainable, renewable permaculture within the space we call home. Our goal are to find and use alternative energy, alternative building techniques, along with gardening and livestock care. Our goal is to also create a school building and place of worship within the village. We would also like to stay in close proximity to a town, and college or university. Higher Education certainly will be important.
Our hope is to eventually have little shops, stores & B&B. A retreat center is another distinct possibility. These could assist with spreading our missions and ideas.
Part of the teaching of Catholicism is to strive to be more Christ like. What better way to do this than to surround yourself with others trying to do the same? All vocations of life, single, married, families and active seniors who have something to add. Please feel free to drop and email. Begin the change in your life, through Christ and community. Please visit Catholicecovillage on youtube.c
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Spiritual or Religious Community or Organization
- Decision Making: Other
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Additional Comments:
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Members have completely independent finances
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: No
- Current food produced: From 50-75%
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Not at all important – people may eat however they individually choose.
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: No~ this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Celebrations and meals
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Catholic
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private Schooling at the Community, Private School off the property, Public Schooling, Up to each individual
Fair Housing Laws
This community acknowledges that their listing does not include any potential violations of the Fair Housing Law, or that they do not provide housing. For any questions about this topic please see our Content Policies and contact FIC with any questions or concerns: [email protected].