Casa Verde Commons
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
- Last updated: February 9, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: January 20, 2005
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1997
- Start Living Together: 2002
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.casaverde.us/
- Contact Name: Casa Verde Commons
- Community Address:
1355 Lindenwood Grove
Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80907
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0.5
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Everyone expected to be involved on community teams and community workdays.
Community dues and HOA fees.
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Library, Workshop, Hot tub or hot springs, Large Scale Kitchen, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Gym or sports area, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used often.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Common meals on Sundays and one week day
Small community garden
Primarily carnivorous, substantial number of vegetarians
Tobacco not allowed in common house.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Not a particularly spiritual or religious community
- Education Style(s): Public Schooling
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Coho/US