Braziers Park (School of Social and Integrative Research)
Wallingford, England, United Kingdom
- Last updated: January 28, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: June 15, 2006
evolution ecology education
“To make conscious the shape of the process of which we are a part, so that we may facilitate its development more efficiently.”
We keep sheep, pigs and chickens; we plant trees and vegetables; we live in the midst of beauty, and we eat well; we argue joyfully on good days; we argue pointlessly, and/or ignore each other on bad days. Lots of dreams and fantasies are stimulated here. There is always work to do…
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1948
- Start Living Together: 1950
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.braziers.org.uk
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BraziersPark
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/BraziersPark
- Contact Name: The Office
- Phone: +44(0)1491680221
- Community Address:
Wallingford, England, OX10 6AN
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Unspecified, or Other
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: From 50-75%
- Food produced locally: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Outbuilding(s), Fire pit, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: No, it is slow.
- Cell Phone Service: Not good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Not a particularly spiritual or religious community
- Education Style(s): Public Schooling
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
Global Ecovillage Network (GEN)
Fair Housing Laws
This community acknowledges that their listing does not include any potential violations of the Fair Housing Law, or that they do not provide housing. For any questions about this topic please see our Content Policies and contact FIC with any questions or concerns: [email protected].
Community, Glaister, Ecology, Festivals, Education, Oxfordshire, Friends, Barn