Bohn Farm Cohousing Community
Longmont, Colorado, United States
- Last updated: June 22, 2017 (3 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: April 15, 2005
Multigenerational, Diverse, Sustainable Systems, Healthy Living Practices, Farming, Art, & More…
An objective among the existing member, active families and adults who prefer healthy living practices, is to live independently among one-another in a supportive and thoughtful manner. We all believe in developing a community that is oriented around the cultivation and harvesting of agricultural systems and developing systems of sustainability and efficiency. These are some of the properties that fit within our idea cohousing:
• Respecting the viewpoints of others
• You don’t know how much you can give until you start giving
• Sustainability & Healthy living practice
• Energy efficiency and smart growth plans (micro & macro)
• Participate with the greater community
• Achieve an intelligent, strong and self-governing protocols for our community
Join us to create the neighborhood that fulfills not only your vision but vision of like-minded individuals: a community with neighbors you feel comfortable collaborating with, spacious gardens, open space for our families to enjoy, two acres of city open space, develop access points to miles of the city’s biking & walking trail network, and so much more; there’s that much opportunity as long as you’re willing to work for it!
We are in the process of working out the Land Option Agreement with the executor to the Bohn Family. The Bohn Family would like to see a cohousing community developed on their historic family property. We hope to conserve the beauty and rural nature of our site yet integrates a modern feel for today’s trends. The existing neighborhood association has also warmed up to the existing cohousing members and the development.
Location, Location, Location:
• Along the Front range
• Southeast of Estes National Park (45 min)
• East of Lyons, CO (15 min)
• Northeast of Boulder (20 min)
• Blocks away from US Route 287 (main road to Ft. Collins and Broomfield)
• 15 minutes from I25 (South to Denver & North to Cheyenne WY)
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2015
- Start Living Together: 2018
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.longmontcolorado.gov/
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://www.bfcc.me
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bohnfarmcohousing/
- Other social: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCnwcFY6wxU
- Contact Name: Peter Spaulding
- Phone: 720.466.0962
- Community Address:
1313 Spruce Ave
Longmont, Colorado, 80501
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: N Street Consensus Method
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
• Finance & Legal
• Design & Construction
• Community Development
• CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)
• Steering Team
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: No
- Additional Comments:
This will be an HOA, so there will be monthly dues with the purchase of your future residence. Having said that, these expenses offset the annual expense you’d pay if you owned your home.
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Energy sources: Solar, Geothermal, Clean Energy from the Grid
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Between 26-49%
- Food produced locally: Between 26-49%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Workshop, Large Scale Kitchen, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Stage or Auditorium, Fire pit, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, exceptionally.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), What ever goes. We believe in Healthy Living Practices
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
As we mentioned we are a community that believes in Healthy Living Practices, however there are always times when the rule gets broken.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices)
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Coho/US
Multigenerational, Diverse, Sustainable Systems, Healthy Living Practices, Bohn Farm, Community,