Art and Soul Collective
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Last updated: April 30, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: March 29, 2016
The community is meant for creatives to be able to living in close vicinity of other creatives, so spark each other’s creativity.
We are in the renovation stage of 7 duplexes on 1 fenced acre, that will be living spaces for artists. We will have several common outside areas, with chairs, community table, zen garden etc. The first 2 units are ready right now/April 2016 and we expect to have a big open house end of April.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2016
- Start Living Together: 2016
- Visitors accepted: Yes, rarely
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.artandsoulcollective.com
- Contact Name: Michaela Graham
- Phone: 404-573-7154
- Community Address:
1198 Sims St, SW
Atlanta, Georgia, 30310
- Type(s): Unspecified, or Other
- Programs & Activities: Artist community
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: owners of the properties
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Additional Comments:
Each housing unit will be rented individually and the proposed member(s) will have to qualify for the rent, which start at $ 750/month and go up to $ 950/month for individual units.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Food produced locally: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Outdoor Kitchen, seating areas, community table, zen garden
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Mostly Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan, Opportunivore (dumpster diving, nature harvesting, etc.), Raw or Mostly Raw, Kosher, Halal, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs)
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Atlanta , artist , community ,