Aquarius Nature Retreat
Vail, Arizona, United States
- Last updated: January 21, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: December 31, 1999
LIVE IN COMMUNION WITH NATURE
Try our unstructured, liberal life with few rules. You may become enchanted and spend a lifetime. Private ownership of land is also available.
We welcome snow birds from Canada and seek exchange of living space there. We like the idea of being able to escape the heat of the summer into a Canadian environ and to give someone from a northern climate the oportunity to escape to the warmth of our winter. We would consider a permanent exchange.
Our liberal life encourages individuality. The freedoms no longer achievable in cities make our paradise more and more desirable. Here one can live comfortably on social security. There is only one resident at the ranch right now. The land was divided and sold and the owners are presently in Windsor, Canada. There are 10 acres left and a lot of unfinished construction. It’s an ideal place for someone or a group of people who find living in the city too difficult, and who may not want to start from a scratch. All the reasons of our past success: the weather, beauty of nature, security and freedom are there.
We invite and will entertain any suggestion. Possibly condominium of properties? We would offer a property in Arizona, Colorado and Canada, perhaps you have acreage in Ontario. (We could have in the mix the 10 acres with its buildings in Arizona, 5 acres hobby ranchette, a building parcel in Colorado and a house in Windsor, Ontario.) We are negotiating with European property owners also. Diversification will enhance economic security and possibly retaining ownership of own contribution. Because of crime, shared rural land will be more and more desirable.Let’s pool our ingenuity and resources.
Possibility of purchase? Of course with maximum flexibility of the agreement.
- Status: Re-forming
- Started Planning: 1981
- Start Living Together: 1985
- Visitors accepted: Yes, rarely
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Contact Name: Jerry Kubias
- Phone: 2697834479
- Community Address:
19201 E Marsh sta RD
Vail, Arizona, 85641
This Community is Re-formingYear re-formed: 2012-05-01
- Type(s): Unspecified, or Other
- Programs & Activities: Transition Town (post-petroleum and off-grid communities)
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Additional Comments:
Person paying the mortgage determines how the vision will develop, what to focus on
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: No
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Everyone needs to maintain own space
First/last month expense share
Share of expenses $300 per room plus $2 per square foot of additiopnal indoor space per month.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 100%
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Food produced locally: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Library, Fire pit
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Rarely
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
The current groundskeeper is omnivorous
no smoking indoors
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Not a particularly spiritual or religious community, Atheist, Agnostic, Humanist, Eclectic (integrates pieces from many religions)
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Public Schooling
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual