Aldeia Coletivo de Familias
Itacare, Bahia, Brazil
- Last updated: January 26, 2017 (4 months ago)
- Listing created on: February 13, 2013
Our goal is to create a space where we as individuals, and we as families, can flourish, where physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual growth is fostered and encouraged.
We do not follow any one path, any one school of thought, but rather, try to maintain an open space where each individual can express him or herself in his or her own unique way, and grow in his or her unique direction
We are a group of friends and families attempting to live together, and in harmony with nature. We believe in having a relationship with the land we live on.
We believe in community, in the sharing of resources, skills and ideas. Each member of our community has a skill to teach and a perspective to share, but we more than anything else, seek to be students; students of nature, of our common history, and of community living.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2011
- Start Living Together: 2012
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Business, Project, or Organization: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=606910849415844&set=vb.235673189872947&type=2&theater
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/aldeia-community-brazil
- Contact Name: Sam Dib
- Phone: 073 99810 2872
- Community Address:
Caixa Postal 47
Itacare, Bahia, 45530-000
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 25
- Additional Comments:
We do share costs and also create projects together.
We don’t work with a specific timetable, but we expect members to engage in communal activities.
We don’t charge a fee for joining, but we do expect members to share costs and work.
We have communal expenses that are shared fairly and equally.
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: 100%
- Energy sources: Solar, Hydro-Electric
- Planned renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: From 50-75%
- Common Facilities: Vehicle Share, Outdoor Kitchen, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Waterfront access, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Not good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Our goal is to increase the amount of food we grow for our own consumption.
We believe every person is able to chose their own dietary practices, but we do encourage healthy diets that may or may not include meat, milk and eggs.
We neither encourage nor discourage alcohol use.
Non of us use tobacco as an habit, but we don’t believe in strict prohibitions.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Not a particularly spiritual or religious community
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
Brasil, comunidade, intencional, ecovila, ecovillage, intentional community, children, free school,