Akakor Pagan Permaculture Farming Community
Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Last updated: February 10, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: May 28, 2010
We are natural lifestyle Pagan spirits with strong sustainable permaculture ethics.
We are nature loving progressive naturalists/nudists in tune with Gaia and cosmic consciousness. We consider ourselves “space-tribe” – of the greater family of souls throughout the cosmos. As important as our physical “3D” reality is, for us, spirit comes first – lifestyle second.
Akakor is our home as much as it is our business, and our plans are as realistic today as they are forward-thinking towards the future.
Ethanol fuel production from Hemp greens and cleans the planet instantly, both locally and globally. We have spent years planning this business and community and have all the facts available regarding zero carbon emissions and transition fuels for the population during this age as we travel through 2012 and beyond into smaller sustainable self-reliant communities of the future (rather than large over-consuming cities choking on industrial pollution).
We can produce our own power from our own green fuel as well! This is a huge bonus for us as a sustainable independent permaculture community.
Organic farming is viable for both local food production and self-sustainability and is equally important for our community farm although not the focus of our initial business plans. We wish to help the world heal around us as much as gain land for our future survival together in peace while utilizing a realistic common-sense business model to build from.
The founder of this community started many years ago as a freelance investigative journalist which partly led to some of the knowledge added to this project.
Our primary household is Pagan, vegetarian, polyamorous, omnisexual, progressive nudist, exopolitically involved, etc… an independent, self-sovereign “nation” of growing people… a home where animals “are people too” who deserve as much love as we share amongst ourselves.
We are open to applications from new members at this time. Screening will be thorough, and security and future-minded. This is a massively important vision which will not stray from its course.
The future farm is located in the British Columbia interior.
- Status: Re-forming
- Started Planning: 2002
- Start Living Together: 2016
- Visitors accepted: Yes, rarely
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://HempPermaculture.com
- Contact Name: Purple Crow / Akakor Community
- Phone: 604 565 2264
This Community is Re-formingYear re-formed: 2010-01-01
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Spiritual or Religious Community
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Purple Crow, Founder.
Board of Directors within the business.
Permaculture is the key to life.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 25
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Additional Comments:
The business is work driven and paycheque based. The community is free spirited and self-sovereign loving open sharing community-minded.
Debt can be worked off through farming with us and earning a paycheque while living in a very liberal natural environment.
Whatever is required and within your capabilities.
Open to funding and donations but not required to begin working at the farm or living inside the community.
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind, Biomass, Biofuel, Clean Energy from the Grid
- Planned renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Current food produced: From 50-75%
- Planned food produced: 100%
- Food produced locally: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Swimming pond or pool, Hot tub or hot springs, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for some people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Yes – we all share a common diet.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Community meals are vegetarian.
Self-sovereign self-rule sustainability is the focus.
Vegetarian and non-GMO, etc.
Vegetarian and non-GMO, etc.
Ethanol farming means alcohol is present, however primarily used for fuel business.
If you can grow it yourself, you can smoke it.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Native American, Paganism or Earth Religions
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: Yes
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private Schooling at the Community
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
Hemp seeds as part of diet.
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual