Add a lil Life
University Park, West Virginia, United States
- Last updated: August 30, 2016 (8 months ago)
- Listing created on: August 29, 2016
Our focus is to have our children grow up slow and able to be kids. To live passively and not leave a footprint. Teach others as we learn and have community.
Our community is just forming, we are a family with 3 young children 5, 3 and infant; we have dreams of living within a community that has other children and families. We want our children to grow up out in nature. We want to be self-sustaining. We are looking to buy an acreage and build some small homes. Our funds are limited so we would like to join another family so we can buy a larger property for a homestead. Please contact us for more info; we would love to hear more about you and see if our dreams mesh.
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Transition Town (post-petroleum and off-grid communities), Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Additional Comments:
We believe in self governing TRUTH do right and all is well.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Help each other out as needed.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Food produced locally: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Workshop, Swimming pond or pool, Outdoor Kitchen, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Mostly Vegetarian
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
You may eat as you wish just please no pork
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs)
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual