A Structured Community(‘s) (of like-minded people)
To be determined by consensus of Co-op members, Washington, United States
- Last updated: October 15, 2016 (7 months ago)
- Listing created on: October 15, 2016
Main focus = local community striving to supply all basic needs locally = food, water, shelter, everyone working as a community toward being a content self-sustained community via permaculture. NOT money. Any money generated by the co-op or basement businesses returns back to producing more Structured Community Co-ops, a vacation/travel fund for all members. And possibly a healthcare fund.
Communities designed by the people for the people; for people who would prefer to be working and living among like-minded people in more self-sustained, more simple and more contented communities. This will be made possible via the use of online Forums, which (If implemented correctly) will be the means of directing the like-minded people together in order to design and build their ideas into (eventually) real-life communities.
Aside from the necessary Forums (organizing communities of like-minded people together) via streamlined lists of preferences.
The other tool that makes these proposed communities so enjoyable, comfy and efficient is an “already designed” modular kit building that is engineered to be a modest home and is specilized for growing food (on its ground floor) year-round, in virtually any climate, and/or the ground floor space may also be used for conducting a small business or as a production facility.
One more benefit of this inovative Kit Structure design is that it is to a great degree Earthquake, Flood, and Extreme Weather Resistant.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2016
- Start Living Together: 2017
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Contact Name: Gary Norman Johnson
- Phone: 1 360 406 4651
- Mailing Address:
To be determined by consensus of Co-op members
To be determined by consensus of Co-op members, Washington,
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Spiritual or Religious Community, Unspecified, or Other
- Programs & Activities: Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, see community description
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind, Hydro-Electric, Biomass, Biogas, Biofuel, Geothermal
- Planned renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: 0%, or close to 0%
- Common Facilities: I propose we share most every thing excluding what is in our homes living space
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Mostly Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan, Opportunivore (dumpster diving, nature harvesting, etc.), Raw or Mostly Raw, Kosher, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, You’re somewhat on your own
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Christian
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: Yes
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
I believe it healthiest to follow The Holy Bible-based diet. And when practiced is most beneficial for all. But within the Structured Cummunity free choice is allowed.
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
- Additional Comments:
I recommend a Holy Bible based “walk with JESUS” type Community Lifestyle.
Please ask questions via The Structured Community Fourm
like-minded, a-frame, structure, structured, community, Co-op, permaculture, self sustained, forum