A-Beautiful-Life, Missouri, Permanent
Urbana, Missouri, United States
- Last updated: March 4, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: June 28, 2009
honest, helper, vegetarian, rural, well, garden, shop, office, my own estate for people to live on, take into the future.
Please call if you are serious 417-399-1032.
Vegetarian, Honest, Permanent home. Rural Missouri. Trade: space to live for Permanent residents, assistant, apprentice, trainee. Prefer vegetarian, with or without eggs and dairy. I don’t eat meat. I expect you to not either, I do eat vegetables, fruits, eggs, dairy some, rice milk, almond milk, Chocolate, ect. No rent to pay but exchange services for living space. No temporary available. Combination duties: inside, outside, clerical and bookkeeping, learn legal property care, learn to play guitar/sing for Country Gospel Music/Bluegrass Gospel Music/Hymns on stage. I sing harmony. I have much to teach you. Spare bedroom, spare refrig., kitchen privileges, 2 bathrooms, washer/dryer. You have to pay for the electric and propane you use. Other mobile home can be set up for more housing. You can build an office or shop for your business. On 20 acres in the country. There are possibilities if you help. Furry pets, singles, married, children, teens, elders welcome. The work will not take up much of your time. Sometimes very little work and other times quite a bit, if we are working on a project. These projects will benefit you. You can grow a garden if you like. If you are the right person/people to do this, you can live here for the rest of your life and your child’s family, grandchildren, great grandchildren and so on can live here also without having to pay rent. When the music gets to going I will be able to pay you some. More housing is possible if you help. You must be willing to learn and follow instructions. What are your talents? How can you use my place to make your future? No smoking, No drinking, No drugs, No chewing. No hunting animals. Can not use my land to raise animals for profit. I am a 64 year old Christian/Spiritual Lady with Green/Blue eyes, fair skin and Blonde hair. I have no cats and no dog at this time. You have to care for your own furry pets. no repiles. You have time to work at a part time or full time job for now to help pay for your needs and utilities and extras that you use, sheets, blankets, shampoo, soap, towels, laundry soap, food, skillet, pans, clothes, ect. Later it should not be necessary for you to work out unless you spend a lot. We will work together to get this setup and then you have to show me that you can take care of yourself and do your cooking and cleaning and care for the place and the clerical and bookkeeping and all. Nothing illegal. Let’s work together and help each other. Call
417-399-1032 Urbana, Missouri 65767
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2011
- Start Living Together: 2015
- Visitors accepted: Yes, rarely
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Contact Name: Shirley Hosier
- Phone: 417-399-1032
- Community Address:
Urbana, Missouri, 65767
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Spiritual or Religious Community
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Additional Comments:
I am the owner. I am setting up this place in an Estate Trust. I have to get a board of directors to carry this place into the future. Residents can vote and put in individual opinions but I will make the decisions for now. Later the Board of directors will make the decisions. There is no group for now.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Additional Comments:
Not until there is income to share from the music or other, if that person helps. If you do not help then I think you do not deserve any part. If you help raise a garden then I think you deserve part of the food from the garden.
Help others here but do not be taken advantage of. Get that person to help you back.
May not be everyday. if a project, it may be many hours in one day. get the roof on before it rains.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: From 50-75%
- Food produced locally: 0%, or close to 0%
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Rarely
- Dietary Practice: Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
I am vegetarian with eggs and some dairy. I am not vegan. Vegans are welcome.
You can’t grow animals to butcher. You can’t fish and clean fish here. You can not butcher here at all. You can not eat chicken. You can not hunt turkey.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Christian, The Bible has a wider belief if you will read it.
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
You have to care for your health. If you do not care for your health then I can not take you. Some people do not want to care for their health.
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
A-Beautiful-Life, Missouri, Permanent
vegetarian, music,adults,children,teen,elders,cat,dog,pet,family,Christian,rural,acres,no rent,