7th Millennium Community
Maasin City, Southern Leyte, Philippines
- Last updated: February 9, 2017 (3 months ago)
- Listing created on: December 8, 2004
To establish the self-reliant, self-sufficient, self-sustainable communes, cooperatives & ecological villages in the logistic, safe & strategic environments.
First, we are going back to the earliest Messianic era by emulating most of the living & working practices of the original New Testament Church (Acts 2:44-45; 4:32-35).
Second, we are going to emulate the excellent examples on the self-sustainable communes, communities of the Mennonites, Hutterian Brethren, Amish, Bruderhof & few other intentional communities that are religious, secular & ecological villages. We are also hoping to follow the successful kibbutzim in Israel.
Third, we are striving to live our daily lives in preparation for our Messiah’s second coming or Utopia whether in the next 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000 years or beyond!
Conceived as the ideal solutions to the problems of the Sabbath-observing, Christians, Messianic, other believers & followers, we in the 7th Millennium Community will pursue the establishment of the self-reliant, self-sufficient or sustainable cooperative so as to provide an alternative homeland to live in for safety, security, ideal retirement living. To create job opportunities for our fellow & would-be Christians, Messianic, other leaders & followers: students, graduates, underemployed & unemployed persons who are interested to search for, to know & understand the general truths, & apply them in their lives. To seek associations & fellowships with similar intentional communities in other countries, & be their mission, outreach partners in the Philippines according to His will. The proposed sites would be somewhere in Southern Leyte & other provinces in the Philippines, or when our Creator or Provider opens the doors.
- Alternative, Renewable Fuels and Vehicles:
You have been deceived by the oil cartels! The alternative & renewable fuels are available since 200 years ago!
- Wanted: Hovercraft & other Modern Transportation:
Why we need the passenger hovercraft & other unique transportation in the Philippines
- IDL = a Mark of the Beast:
The Christians working & living between west of the International Date Line & east of the Garden of Eden/Jerusalem/Israel longitudinal line have been observing the wrong weekly and yearly Sabbaths for 6 millennia!
- Armageddon, Great Tribulation, Wormwood: How to Survive: We are now living through the major signs of the times. Who, why, what to do, where, when & how to establish or join other preppers for the endtimes.
- Kingdom of Elohim on Earth: The original New Testament Church applied the self-sustainable lifestyle, as clearly described in Acts 2:44-45; 4:32-35, which some of the religious, secular groups & individuals globally have been practicing from several decades to over 4.9 centuries. The unfortunate poor persons in the churches, congregations, assemblies, charismatic movements & other religious organizations need to send “a note to God” to ask Him so that the millionaires, billionaires, wealthy & blessed Christian, Messianic members & other worshipers would act on and apply His words.
- How to Build Inexpensive Homes or Shelters:
Millions to billions of the people have the freedom, liberty & option to build the inexpensive homes or shelters. They can chose to follow the self-sufficient, self-sustainable lifestyles of the original Body of Yahshua or Christ that started on the Day of Pentecost in Jerusalem about 2,000 years ago!
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling), Spiritual or Religious Community
- Programs & Activities: Transition Town (post-petroleum and off-grid communities), Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, Organization, Resource, or Network, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Additional Comments:
Open to learning & applying other forms or types of administration.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 12
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Additional Comments:
If the venture capital is available, we could establish & manage some small business enterprises in downtown areas; operate some cottage industries inside & outside of downtown & in other provinces; pursue some business enterprises via online.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 100%
- Energy sources: Geothermal
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Swimming pond or pool, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Waterfront access, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Mostly Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan, Kosher, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Passover wine and unleavened bread are consumed for about a week. Fasting on the Day of Atonement (voluntary for some).
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Christian, Jewish, Protestant, Lutheran, Catholic, Quaker, Native American, Hutterian Brethren, Mixed Eastern Philosophy or Practice
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: Yes
- Education Style(s): Private School off the property, Public Schooling
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
- Additional Comments:
Strive to be self-reliant, self-sufficient, self-sustainable community.
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Central Highlands Christian Publications
FBereans; Mennonites, Hutterites, Amish: Unite
Fair Housing Laws
This community acknowledges that their listing does not include any potential violations of the Fair Housing Law, or that they do not provide housing. For any questions about this topic please see our Content Policies and contact FIC with any questions or concerns: [email protected].
Christian, Messianic intentional or self-sustainable community, kibbutz, ecological village.