2nd Chance – New Beginnings
Houston, Texas, United States
- Last updated: February 29, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: November 22, 2011
Endtimes and Aftertimes survival in 2016 and beyond…
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2010
- Start Living Together: 2016
- Visitors accepted: No
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Contact Name: Lloyd Perry
- Phone: 832-752-7139
- Mailing Address:
5368 Brownway St.
Houston, Texas, 77056
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Unspecified, or Other
- Programs & Activities: Transition Town (post-petroleum and off-grid communities)
- Location: To be Determined
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
An individuals debt is not a community debt…
Resources and skills/labor are expected for the benefit of all…
Not at this time…
Not money, but resources and skills…
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 100%
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind, Hydro-Electric, Geothermal
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: 100%
- Food produced locally: 0%, or close to 0%
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Rarely
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Yes – we all share a common diet.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Presently, although as the group grows this may change…
None, presently, expect to grow over 50% in future
Concentrating on wholesome nutrition…
Plans are to grow, raise, hunt/trap…
Maybe for special occasions, encouraging zero consumption, but having some tolerance to some traditions
Not immediately prohibited, but discouraged. This is severely damaging to self & others…
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Native American
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
To practice healthy living and good hygiene with common sense…
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
Fair Housing Laws
This community acknowledges that their listing does not include any potential violations of the Fair Housing Law, or that they do not provide housing. For any questions about this topic please see our Content Policies and contact FIC with any questions or concerns: [email protected].