Communities magazine is the primary resource for information, stories, and ideas about intentional communities—including urban co-ops, cohousing groups, ecovillages, and rural communes.
Communities also focuses on creating and enhancing community in the workplace, in nonprofit or activist organizations, and in neighborhoods.
We explore the joys and challenges of cooperation in its many dimensions, and pass the wisdom on to you and your community.
- Subscribe – receive Communities in print and digitally 4 times per year!
- Give a Gift Subscription – share Communities with a friend or organization.
- Back Issues – print and digital or digital only copies of over 40 years of the magazine.
- Advertise – reach our conscientious audience in display or classified ads.
- How to Help – how you can help Communities magazine to grow.
- Submit Content – contribute your articles, artwork, and photography.
- Communities Index – a complete index of all articles from 1972 to present.
- Communities Testimonials – what readers say about Communities.
Upcoming Communities magazine themes
Fall 2016, Issue #172: Service and Activism
Winter 2016, Issue #173: Public vs. Private, and Social Permaculture
Readers: We seek your testimonials about Communities. What does the magazine mean to you? Why is it important? What role does it play in the movement for a more cooperative world? If you are willing to be quoted in outreach materials, please send your response (one to three sentences is fine) via our contact form. Thank you!